For those not in the know (don’t worry, that was also me 10 minutes ago!), it seems that a Liebster Award is like baton that is passed around to (mostly?) newbie bloggers who have under 200 followers. With each passing of the baton, you answer questions that have been put forward to you. This is a great way for the online community to get to know each other better.
So a massive thank you is in order to Kerstin for my nomination!
The ground rules are basically:
– Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
– List 11 facts about yourself
– Nominate 11 bloggers that have under 200 followers with your own 11 questions for them to answer
Here we go:
1. If you were a cat, would you rather be a wild street cat or an indoor cat that’s loved and cared for 24/7 by an old lady?
Wild street cat hands down. I think if an old lady was caring for me 24/7 it would be a very comfortable life but I’ll always be clawing and meowing at the windows, wondering if I can ever get out there.
2. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve done?
Umm… moving to Brunei.
3. What’s your phone’s background?
A selfie of the Hubs and I on our wedding day. I wasn’t going to let all that professional hair and make-up go to waste!
4. What’s society’s biggest problem these days?
I would say the economy. When you want to work and you are able to work but there is no work, that’s really disheartening and I think those feelings can manifest themselves in negative ways.
5. If you met a new person and could only ask them 3 questions to get to know them, what would they be?
I’ll probably go with:
– What’s your name?
– What do you like to do in your free time?
– What is the most important thing that I should know about you?
6. What do you like most about yourself?
Hmmm another hard one! I’ll go with… standing up for my convictions. Sticking to my guns. Other people call it… “being stubborn”…
7. Tea, coffee or hot chocolate?
Depends on my mood but as I didn’t sleep that well last night, defo coffee.
8. Do you admire your parents?
YES – they are not perfect but they have many qualities that I admire deeply.
9. Do you believe in destiny?
YES – partly because I’m Korean, as most Koreans believe in destiny. And you know, it’s more romantic. So yeah.
10. If you had to choose between never eating chocolate again or only eating chocolaty things for the rest of your life, which would you go for?
I would have to go with the former. I know, shock, horror! BUT my tongue goes all funny when I eat too much sweet stuff so defo the former.
11. What’s your biggest accomplishment?
Yet another hard one! The more I think about it, I feel like I haven’t accomplished much.
Maybe it’s weird to call it my biggest accomplishment but the most important accomplishment so far in my life is my marriage (only 2 years in!). I always try to approach it with honesty and love. To be fair, I haven’t done it single-handedly 😉
11 facts about me
1. I’ve never had a pet. EVER. Cue little violins. Most devastatingly, this means that I do not have a “porn name”. Sadness all round.
2. When I was about 10, I auditioned to be a presenter for a children’s English show on an educational channel called EBS in Korea. Long story short, damn those braces!
3. When I was about 4, I stole a tiny stuffed toy from a store. I don’t know how my mum never figured that out. Sorry store owner!
4. My ankles have always made a cracking sound when I walk but it was only occasional. Now I’ve noticed that it’s louder, more frequent and my knee has started making the same sounds as well. This surely doesn’t bode well when I’m only just into my thirties????
5. I generally tend to do a good job of not losing stuff. Even the stuff that I use on a day to day basis. So when I lost my multicoloured pen the other day, I was in SERIOUS mourning.
6. I have found out that since I’ve moved to Brunei that I REALLY hate bugs. Like obsessively hate them.
7. I have a love-hate relationship with FB.
8. Every now and again, I seriously consider getting rid of my mobile. Go really old school and only have a landline at home with an answering machine. But that never happens, because reasons.
9. I love wine. Living in a dry country has been easier (!) than I thought it would be, but I really appreciate the good stuff.
10. I spent about 3 months in Africa, as a volunteer English teacher. This decision was made by basically watching the BBC’s Big Cat Diary. After a week of watching that documentary, I had made the decision to go. Before the documentary, Africa was not even on my mind. One week later, I had a plan together on how to get there!
11. So to save up money for the trip (amazingly, you have to pay money to be a volunteer), I worked at a Jigsaw store. One day, Saba Douglas-Hamilton, one of the presenters of Big Cat Diary came in to the store! I was so shocked that I said something to her about the show but now I can’t remember what I said…
And now, I nominate:
And here are my questions:
1. What is your favourite TV show/movie and why?
2. What is the most important thing in your life at the moment?
3. Which holiday would you choose: lazying around the beach or loads of activities?
4. What got you started on blogging?
5. Which celebrity do you most look like?
6. What quality do you cherish the most in your best friend?
7. Which conspiracy theory do you believe in?
8. If you had to choose one food that you had to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. When was the proudest moment of your life?
10. If you could pick any three people in the world (famous or otherwise) for an epic adventure a la Lord of the Rings, who would they be?
11. What is that one thing that you’ve been desperately wanting to do but haven’t managed it yet?